About the Genesee Region Orchid Society
Establish in June 1968, the Genesee Region Orchid Society is a 501(c) nonprofit organization registered in the State of New York. The object of the Society is to stimulate interest in orchids and educate members and the public in their culture, propagation, improvement, use and conservation. The GROS began with just thirteen charter members, and became officially affiliated with the Amrican Orchid Society in 1969.
GROS Officers for 2022-2023
- President: Sue Hill
- Program VP: Carol Butcher
- Exec. VP: Fran Murphy
- Secretary: Natalie Auburn
- Treasurer: Susan Ackerman
GROS Community Outreach
Our Society provides speakers on various aspects of orchid growing, primarily to local clubs interested in horticultural pursuits.
If you would like to have an orchid expert give a presentation to your club or organization, please use our Contact page, and selected Outreach from the recipient dropdown.
Scheduled Outreach for 2022-23
- Sonnenberg Garden Club (date: 2/11/23) Location: Wood Library in Canandaigua
- Colony Garden Club of Brighton (2/20/23) Location: 12 Corners Presbyterian Church, Brighton
- Four Seasons Garden Club – Fairport (4-20-23) Location: Members Homes
- Seabreeze Bloomers Garden Club -TBA
- Victor Garden Club – TBA