Next Meeting: Dec. 2, 2013 - The Holiday Dinner!
This year’s Holiday Dinner will again feature "professional cooking," as we’ll be holding our December event at Cipriani's Seafood and Grill, 155 Pattonwood Drive, Rochester. All members are free to bring family members or guests, as well. Please note: the sign outside the restaurant says "Carpani's Italian Restaurant".
- Bread & Butter
- Mixed Veggies
- A cash bar will be available
There will be a Show Table to display your wonderful orchids in bloom!
- Time: 6:30 PM
- Cost: $12.00 per Person
- RSVP: By November 27, 2013 - Bill Renick, 621-4983
Please note: there is no meeting at the JCC in December!
Our regular meeting night is the first Monday following the first Sunday of each month. We occasionally change the meeting date as our schedule requires, but we always list the correct date well in advance both on this website and in our monthly newsletter.Our meetings are open to everyone without charge - feel free to attend and find out what our Society is all about!
Meetings typically consist of a brief business meeting to conduct our club's routine activities, a special presentation on an orchid subject, an orchid raffle (2 tickets for $1), and a Show Table where members can display their flowering plants for everyone to see. For more information, please contact our President, Bill Renick.
Meeting Location & Agenda
Adult Senior Lounge, Jewish Community Center, 1200 Edgewood Avenue, Rochester, NY.
- "Orchids 101" Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- Social "Hour" (free-form schmoozing) 7:00 - 7:15 p.m.
- Main meeting begins at 7:15 p.m.
The Genesee Region Orchid Society, Inc. has always been an advocate of orchid education; our Orchids 101 program is an ongoing series of informal group discussions/demonstrations on many different orchid topics.
- October 7, 2013 - Topic: Water - Considerations for Orchid Growers
- The doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the "formal" Orchids 101 meeting begins at 6:15 p.m.
- Following a 30-minute presentation on an orchid topic, the group will discuss any plants, problems, topics, or questions that growers might have.
- Orchids 101 will conclude at 7:00 p.m., which will allow plenty of time to socialize or purchase plants/raffle tickets prior to the main orchid meeting that begins at 7:15 p.m.
You don’t have to be new to orchids to come to Orchids 101! We can all learn something new - and a refresher course is never a bad idea. We would love to have more advanced growers at Orchids 101 to contribute their comments and experience. All are welcome.